LINHD is a Center for Digital Humanities in Spain and in Spanish that functions as a framework for innovation, research, advice and training for researchers and projects.
Horizon 2020 European Projects
DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE WITH YOUR PROJECT?
LINHD is a research center open to new proposals and new projects. If you work in Digital Humanities and you want to share your ideas, your project interests us: whether you want us to disseminate it, or if you need a collaboration or a specific development for any of its parts, write to us, we can surely help you.
Lines of investigation
The LINHD research lines are not focused on the traditional research areas of the humanities but on its technological facet applied to them, which are strengthened by the research lines of the humanities.
The humanities from the technological point of view imply an approach in different areas of research in the area of computer science.
Text Processing Line
- Application of AI to word processing.
- Recognition of named entities
- Data mining and Big Data: Extraction of knowledge from large volumes of data applied to the humanities and social sciences.
- Semantic labeling of texts, markup languages, such as XML-TEI (Text Encoding Initiative), LMF (Lexicographic Markup Framework), EAD (Encoded Archival Description) and Transform between languages.
- Topic modeling
Semantic web and linked data
- Knowledge modeling: Development and implementation of ontologies and databases
- Information retrieval systems.
- Application of Linked Open Data, LOD, in GLAM environments (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums).
- Development of different types of visualizations, tools, representations and dynamic queries.
- Technical and graphic study of the visual possibilities of representation of Humanities projects.
- Graphic and visual design of specific visual prototypes depending on the type of data
- Modeling, simulation and virtualization: Application of modeling techniques, virtual reality simulation and augmented reality in digital humanities projects.